I am a community-minded health professional and educator. My personal yoga practice began in 2002, and in 2011 I completed my 200-hour yoga teacher training at the Sattva School of Yoga in Edmonton, Canada. Since then I have completed over 500 hours of Yoga Alliance Certified Teacher Training, including a 300-hour training at BodyMindLife, in Sydney, Australia, a 50-hour Yin Yoga training at Parimukti Yoga School in Dharamshala, India, and various workshops with teachers from around the world. I am able to teach traditional Hatha, Vinyasa Flow, and Yin Yoga, as well as mindfulness meditation, and pranayama.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification, USA)
- Traditional Thai Massage (Watpo Thai Traditional Medical and Ayuravate Association, Thailand)
- Reiki, Mikao Usui Lineage, Master Level (Braham Yoga, India)
- BSc in Therapeutic Recreation (Dalhousie University)
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Development (University of East London)
- MA and PhD in Physical Education and Recreation (University of Alberta)